Friday 19 June 2009

Twittering Yorkshire

Recently the Bookseller had an article on Libraries populate the Twitterverse which said that:

Libraries are seizing on Twitter, the micro-blogging phenomenon, as a new way to
reach out to users and to network with colleagues and the wider book trade.

Mike Stores of Stockport Libraries posted messages on LIS-PUB-LIBS about libraries and related bodies that are using Twitter and listed almost 40 organisations.

When I last blogged about this on the 4th June I said I only knew of one public library in our area (Leeds) that was using Twitter.

Here is a list of libraries from all sectors in Yorkshire that I now know of who are using Twitter.

  • Sheffield Libraies. @SheffLibraries
  • Rotherham MBC Culture & Leisure (including libraries). @Cultureleisure
  • Leeds Central Library. @leedscentlibs
  • Business & Patents library Leeds @baplig
  • Bradford Libraries & Information Services. @bradfordlibs247
  • Leeds Metropolitan University Library. @LeedsMetLibrary
  • University of Sheffield Library. @UniSheffieldLib
  • Information Commons at the University of Sheffield @sheffinfocommons
Have I missed anyone? Let me know if I have.

1 comment:

Andy Walsh said...

We're tweeting away at University of Huddersfield - search for hudlib to find us!