Libraries are seizing on Twitter, the micro-blogging phenomenon, as a new way to
reach out to users and to network with colleagues and the wider book trade.
Mike Stores of Stockport Libraries posted messages on LIS-PUB-LIBS about libraries and related bodies that are using Twitter and listed almost 40 organisations.
When I last blogged about this on the 4th June I said I only knew of one public library in our area (Leeds) that was using Twitter.
Here is a list of libraries from all sectors in Yorkshire that I now know of who are using Twitter.
- Sheffield Libraies. @SheffLibraries
- Rotherham MBC Culture & Leisure (including libraries). @Cultureleisure
- Leeds Central Library. @leedscentlibs
- Business & Patents library Leeds @baplig
- Bradford Libraries & Information Services. @bradfordlibs247
- Leeds Metropolitan University Library. @LeedsMetLibrary
- University of Sheffield Library. @UniSheffieldLib
- Information Commons at the University of Sheffield @sheffinfocommons